Thursday, August 28, 2014

What Cancer Cannot Do

Well it is last week in August which means my month of hosting challenges for CCEE Stampers has come to an end. I decided to leave on a fun challenge…Technique challenge! (I know, I  can hear the groans from here but believe me, you’ll like this technique.)

Herringbone - A fun technique using up scraps of paper. Directions can be found over on Splitcoast Stampers.

I made the following card for the teacher my son had last year as she was diagnosed with cancer this summer. She is a strong lady but I hope this card still brings her some strength on those days she needs it. Love you, Emily. You’ve got this!

Sentiment comes from Verses Rubber Stamp. Used 3 different design paper scraps for the Herringbone and added a little bling in the corners.

whatcancerajh

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


                     Amber

7 comments:

Maryann said...

Beautiful card Amber - Maryann

Vicky Gould said...

The teacher will be "touched" by this cancer verse and card, Amber. Said a prayer for her!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a wonderful herringbone background for these beautiful words of encouragement for anyone battling this frightening disease.

Liz Williams said...

fThanks, Amber for all the fun challenges this month. What a gorgeous card to use these encouraging words to give this teacher a boost of strength. I know the specialness of it being handcrafted will touch her heart as well.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That bg is amazing! what a fab statement of encouragement to add.........awesome card!

Sabrina said...

I really enjoyed this challenge - it's a technique that I enjoy but don't often get round to without that extra push! Thanks, Amber.
I always think that's such a great cancer-related sentiment - it's just a shame that we all know people who need that encouragement and support.

Joanne (jojot) said...

that sentiment says it all.....fab herringbone bkgd.