Thursday, August 14, 2014

Good Bye for now

goodbyeajhcopy

Time for another CCEE Stampers challenge. The challenge is a good bye card or sympathy card or farewell or….. Why? 

Well as I am the hostess this month, my oldest leaves for college tonight! When I say leave, I mean all of us as it is an 8 hr trip so we are loading up the family tonight, driving all through the night to her new home till we see her at Christmas time!  Hence the challenge of a good bye card.

I had to use Message Pup as she will be leaving her baby, Keeper (a boxer), behind so really this card is from Keeper.  I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. Cut it out with Spellbinder oval and layered with Spellbinder scallop oval. Used border punch on bottom layer and added a bone eyelet over top of some twine. Of course I stamped “I miss you” instead of “good bye” as I couldn’t find the stamp that said it! ugh

goodbyeajhcopy

Want to see what the other CCEE ladies made? Then visit the CCEE Stampers blog!

 

         Thanks for stopping by!

      
                         Amber

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a precious card, Amber! I know it will be a huge adjustment for all as your oldest leaves for college.

My oldest granddaughter will be heading to her first year in college next Friday.

Sabrina said...

Aw, what a sweet card! Love your dog image and the little bone eyelet. Safe driving there and back. I can't wrap my head around those sorts of distances - you'd drown if you drove that far here, LOL.

Vicky Gould said...

Fantatic coloring on your image, Amber...cute as can be! Hope your trip to PA went well.

Joanne (jojot) said...

how perfect for your daughter.....she and her pooch will miss each other and this is the perfect card to let her knoow she is missed.....fabbo