Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What’s Happening and Cake

recipeovalcircleajh

Time for another CCEE Stampers challenge. Our challenge this week is a Recipe Challenge … Use 2 circles, 1 oval and two or more octagons (or hexagons/decagons) on your card.

I used this fun set from Paper Pretties and paired it with a chicken wire background stamp I have for my hexagons. My sentiment is in 1 oval (even though it killed me not to layer it!!). Colored image with prismacolor pencil and blended with odorless mineral spirits. Used a little watercolor paint for the sky.

recipeovalcircleajh

Don’t forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:

  • Amber Hillman
  • Anne Harmon
  • Joanne Grzelak
  • Liz Williams
  • Lois Bak
  • Lynn McAuley
  • Maryann Einam
  • Sabrina Friel
  • Vicky Gould


  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     

    Yesterday was also my middle daughter’s birthday. Allie turned 15! Here is the cake I made for her. She drew me a sketch of what she wanted and I produced it.

    10424281_10152571049921838_8397943840846803281_n


             Thanks for stopping by!


                              Amber

    7 comments:

    Maryann said...

    so cute- Maryann

    Lynn McAuley said...

    What a fun card, Amber!! Love this delightful chick with the fun chicken wire background!!

    That rainbow rose cake is amazing!! I know your daughter loved it!

    Vicky Gould said...

    Weren't you the clever one using the chicken wire for your hexagons! What a fabulous design for your beautifully colored chicken!

    And, that cake was fabulous!!! A rainbow of love!

    Joanne (jojot) said...

    cute card and fabulous rainbow cake

    Lois said...

    Cute card -- and fabulous cake!!!

    jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

    Love the chicken wire for the hexagons...and yummy cake!!!

    Sabrina said...

    What a cutie chick that is. I have to confess I did layer mine - I decided the overall end result was one oval, ha ha.
    And oh my - the cake is amazing!! I hope she loved looking at it as much as I'm sure she enjoyed eating it.