Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Be Thankful

Fallajhcopy

Yesterday I had a post over at Craft-Dee BowZ but didn’t have time to share it here as I had goodies to get ready for my kids Harvest parties at school. So I will share all of it with you today.

Made a Fall card using a leaf die cut, scallop border punch, white gel pen, some ribbon and of course the Craft-Dee BowZ maker. Also used some Helmar Scrap Dots when attaching the leaves and squares.

Fallajhcopy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So as I was saying, the kids Harvest parties were yesterday at school and I, of course, had treat duty. After scouring Pinterest and seeing a few things on Facebook, I had my ideas.

For second grade I made cupcakes and decorated them to look like turkeys. I love their little faces.

turkeycupcakes1


For fifth grade my son decided he wanted cake balls so I made some cake ball turkeys. I decided not to make them into cake pops as most are shown on Pinterest. Used white chocolate chips for their eyes and cut up Swedish Fish for the their wattle.

turkeycakepops

Since I couldn’t forget the teachers and I had some gingersnap cookies….. I decided to make some Pumpkin Cream Cheese Truffles (again, the right way as the first time I made them I had left out the melted chocolate in the filling. Either way is really good.), thanks to The Galley Gourmet (who I just noticed has Pumpkin Pie Fudge on her blog! Guess what I’ll be making next?!!)  for the recipe! They were a big hit with everyone that got to try them.

IMG_20131126_105516

And with that, I shall leave you (I have more Pumpkin Truffles to go dip for tomorrow!).


        Thanks for stopping by!


                 Amber

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so pleased you enjoyed them! Thank you for sharing with your readers. Have a wonderful holiday season.