Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Craft-Dee BowZ first blog hop

hairbow copy

Welcome to the first ever Craft-Dee BowZ Blog Hop. This months blog hop is featuring a Valentine theme. If you hopped here by way of Patti’s blog  then you are in the right place!! Otherwise you might wish to start at the Craft-Dee BowZ blog to become eligible for a Craft-Dee BowZ tool and a spool of beautiful ribbon.

We were given three different types of ribbon to use for this blog hop. As soon as I saw the ribbon, I knew what I wanted to do. I used the wired heart ribbon as my base and made a 4 loop bow as big as the Craft-Dee BowZ would go. Then I took the white lace and again made a 4 loop bow but a few sizes smaller. Lastly I took the polka-dotted ribbon and made a 2 loop bow with tails just a size smaller than the lace.  Glued them all together to get this:

hairbow copy
After the Helmar 450 glue had dried, I glued it onto a small barrette.

Here is another shot not so close up. Can’t wait for Valentine’s day for her to wear this to school.

hairbow1

Now head on over to Barbara’s blog to see what she has made using the Craft-Dee BowZ. And don’t forget to comment along the way to be entered in the drawing for a Craft-Dee BowZ tool and a spool of ribbon!

 

         Thanks for stopping by,

 
                     Amber

23 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Amber. Your barrett bow is just scrumptious! What a great way to make Valentine's Day special. Thanks for sharing your pretty project!

MG said...

Too cute! I am willing to bet that Donna is already hard at work designing some of these for her granddaughter. Seems to me you could do beautiful coordinating bow hairpieces for bridesmaids with this technique. One of my coworkers coaches cheerleaders......hmmmmmmmm. I think I will have to show her this! Thanks!

Donna Maligno said...

Amber this is adorable!! So bright and perky! You can make great headbands this way as well. Job well done!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Very festive hair bow - love all the layers and the variety of ribbon you used. Great job on your first blog hop!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Amber this is gorgeous! This tool really makes some amazing bows, I a impressed!!!

Barbara Bruder said...

Amber, your barrette is really beautiful. I really like the look of the three different bow layers. What a great barrette this turned out to be.I'm sure this is even more beautiful in person. Great project.

Vicki said...

So amazing! What a beautiful hair bow!

Dana Tatar said...

Super cute hair bow! My daughters would love one. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

2 peas in a pod said...

How sweet! A bow for the hair! I told Patti and I want to tell you, I am proud to be on the Craft Dee Bowz design team with you. Hugs Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a darling ribbon bow for one's hair. What little or big one for that matter, wouldn't love to be all decked out with that.

starqueen said...

Hi Amber,
Love the versatility of Craft-Dee BowZ and you made a lovely project for girls of all ages! Thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

so sweet! need to make some of these!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Never thought of using the tool to make your own hairpiece. What a versatile tool! Your bow is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this great idea.

byondbzr said...

Beautiful, my daughter would love it!

creativearts said...

Amber, this barett bow is so pretty and would be beautiful for anyone to wear on Valentines Day!

Michelle James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle James said...

Sooo cute for the hair. Very nice!

Kimme said...

So cute. Your girly will be the most stylish Valentine!

Julie Z said...

Love this Amber! Such a beautiful hair bow!! I used to make lots of these years ago, but I don't wear them too much anymore. And unfortunately; my daughter isn't into hair too much. Otherwise, I'd be making her a beautiful Valentine's bow just like yours!

Linda said...

Amber your hair bow is exquisite! Bravo!

Laurie said...

So pretty! What girl wouldn't want one!

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Great hair decoration, Amber. I will show my daughter-in-law who is making lots of adornments for my only granddaughter.

Victorina said...

This is cool!