Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanks for everything and costume pictures

amberowlthankyouajhcopy

Time for another Paper Pretties challenge! This week's challenge is: Thank You Cards!

I used a few stamp sets for my card. Starting with Happy Spring Polly which I colored using copics. Stamped the flower from Cursive Greetings II in versamark on the flap.

amberowlthankyouajhcopy

And for the inside used a sentiment from Handyman.

amberowlinsideajhcopy

How to Enter: If you would like to play along with us, all you have to do is create a card/project using the above challenge and upload it to your blog and/or to your SCS Gallery using the keyword PWC231.

Don’t forget to include a link to your card on the Paper Pretties Blog, so everyone can see it too. You don’t have to use Paper Pretties stamps to play, but of course if you have them we would love to see you use them. One random participant will receive a Paper Pretties Stamps set … see the Paper Pretties Blog for more details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I realized I never shared what my other three kids were for our Harvest party. With a little help looking online, the girls found ideas that they wanted me to try.

Allie wanted to be Cotton Candy. We were able to get clear bags from a friend, used colored hair spray on the poly-fil and stuffed the bags. Allie is my hoarder and had kept (just) a bag of cotton candy from probably the fair last year! So I cut it apart and taped it on to the bag. Costume wouldn’t have been so bad in price if we hadn’t of bought the biggest thing of poly-fil but hey, I’ll use it for something I’m sure!
cottoncandy

For her back I found a nutritional fact online that someone had done up for their cotton candy costume so I printed it onto decal paper.
cottoncandyback

Jorden wanted to be a paper doll. Used one of her dresses for a template and covered her “dress” in pink material with ribbon trim. Her crown, she colored herself and I used stickles for her diamonds. All in all her costume cost me only $1.97!!
paperdoll

And then we have Benjamin who always goes as an Army guy. Easy!
army


         Thanks for stopping by!


                          Amber

1 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

These costumes are fantastic! You guys did a great job!